Solutions for a Better Future
View the video: mp4 | wmv
More than 100 years of mining have created contamination in the southwest portion of the Salt Lake Valley aquifer.
The map below shows two zones of contamination and the wells that will be used to contain and remediate the plumes. Also shown are the facilities that will be used for treatment and distribution of potable water. The Zone A facilities are operated by Kennecott Utah Copper. Zone B facilities will be constructed and operated by Jordan Valley Water.
Map of Southwest Groundwater Treatment Project
Overall Project Schedule
- Engineering Design: 2005-2010
- Well Drilling: 2005-2008
- Feed Water Pipeline Construction: 2006-2008
- Reverse Osmosis Treatment Plant Construction: 2009-2012
- Byproduct Pipeline Construction: 2010-2012
- Well Site Construction: 2010-2012
Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District
David Mclean, Project Manager
Department of Environmental Quality
Doug Bacon, Project Manager